Tue, May 03|
Marathon Birth Training
Are you prepared for race day? Marathon Birth training takes into account the whole pregnant person and focuses on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual preparation for birth - whatever racecourse you may choose!
Time & Location
May 03, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
Berrien Center, Berrien Center, MI 49102, USA
About the event
Birth is like a Marathon - you've already signed up for the race, so NOW WHAT? In these classes we will help you as you choose your racecourse, prepare for your racecourse, run your race, finish strong and recover from your race. We will help you prepare mind, body, and soul to find the strength and beauty of the most challenging and rewarding day of your lifetime!
Meet with myself and my husband as we take you through the ropes of everything childbirth. From nutrition and fitness, to the breakdown of labor, pushing and postpartum. 4 Classes, 2.5 hours each.
- The 5 step test to know you're really in labor
- Birth options and interventions
- The emotional signposts
- Positions for comfort
- Exercises to get you ready
- How to push effectively
- Maintaining comfort in labor
- Communicating with providers
- Stress management
- Emergency delivery skills
- What to expect in the hospital
- Initial Postpartum recovery
- How to prepare if you're having a home birth
- Infant care and safety
- Breast and Bottle Feeding